8/25/14

A Birthday Week And Weekend


The journey for Chris arriving home was very extensive and the poor guy had delay after delay sending him a day later than he was supposed to come home. I was so happy once I knew he was actually on the last plane ride home. We had gotten an ice cream maker and it arrived the week of my birthday, how convenient and dangerous! Of course I couldn't wait to make ice cream. I made vanilla and cookies n cream. Then I had the idea to make a cake for my birthday too. I decided to combine them and make mini ice cream cakes in our ramekins, it was a perfect treat!







Chris took me out to Dolce Vita on my actual birthday for dinner. Delicious as always.







Then, over the weekend we headed to the horse races that are held on the beach. The races go for a few days, but we decided to watch them on the last day they were held. It was a BLAST! We took a little picnic dinner there, ate on the beach before the races, packed up our picnic, glued ourselves against the orange fence and waited till the horses raced by!

















To conclude the weekend, we indulged in the ice cream cake and sang a little song. Audrey was intrigued by the candles and helped me blow them out. It was a great birthday week and weekend!








No comments:

Post a Comment