6/21/14

My Soul Finds Rest


Hubby comes home today. It has been a bit choppy to say the least. I also have been sluggish lately over here posting and trying to keep friends and family up to date. Bucket loads of unknowns loom overhead as I just await in anticipation of what is next to come. It feels like a dreary cloud hovering over me. All. Day. Long. On top of the looming cloud, there are these obstructions and hindrances that hit me often. Often enough to leave me enervated and sometimes in tears at the end of the day. Life can get that way, and it seems that it has not left me alone for some time now. I feel that these hurdles are continuous. One after another. One on top of another. And as I try to inhale, more is rammed down my throat. I am left with unanswered questions often. I battle back and forth between what is true and what is not. If this world can take a moment and pause, just for a few minutes so I can catch my breath and see how I saw its beauty like I once did, I would feel a sense of freedom. Freedom from my fears, my difficulties, obstacles and the heavy weight that I drag with me.

It takes me great lengths to get to where my mind wants to be and should be. I know deep down in the bottom of my heart, where I have hid and locked up forever, the truths that set my soul free. The truths that get me through the next five minutes of my day. The truths that fight off the negativity. The truths that keep me going. The truths that give me that push to keep onward. 

The truths that set me free.

I only know one God who can unexplainably meet my needs. And for that I am resting at His feet, too tired to lift my head. But. Waiting on Him for what is to come. Thanking Him in the meantime. Praising Him for the hope. And experiencing a relationship with Him that will never cease.

My soul finds rest under God alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment